'A Centre of Excellence in STEM education that inspires creativity and 21st Century learning through innovative programs'
Quantum Victoria is a Centre of Excellence and Innovation in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and is co-located with Charles La Trobe P-12 College at Macleod West.
Quantum Victoria aims is to build STEM capabilities in all students and aligns its programs with state and federal government initiatives. Increasing student participation from disadvantaged and underrepresented cohorts is a priority. Our gender inclusive programs promote and raise the profile of women in STEM pathways and provide role models for all students.
- Increases students' interest, participation and engagement in science and mathematics
- Inspires students to pursue careers in the STEM disciplines
- Expands the knowledge and skills of teachers through targeted programs underpinned by contemporary research and pedagogy.
Programs embrace new technologies and contemporary pedagogy expressed through:
- Scientific Inquiry
- Building Resilience through Productive Failure
- Game-based Learning
- 3D Printing and Modelling
- Coding and Arduinos
- Gesture-Based Computing
- Robotics and Engineering
- Virtual Reality and Simulated Experiences
- Scenario-based Challenges
The team at Quantum Victoria believes all children have the capacity to excel in STEM and this belief is reflected in the suite of programs on offer with the aim of inspiring the next generation of innovators. The Centre has been recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in 3D Printing Education and Cyber Security.
All programs are aligned to the Victorian Curriculum and the Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority's VCE Science and Mathematics Study Designs and are fully differentiated to meet a variety of student abilities.
Quantum Victoria incorporates builds teacher capacity in STEM skills and knowledge through new, innovative forms of teacher professional learning. To excite the next generation of STEM students, Quantum Victoria offers educators from all sectors a unique opportunity to re-envision their curriculum in ways that are relevant to today's learner, through workshops and conferences that are underpinned by robust contemporary pedagogy.
Quantum Victoria Professional learning opportunities include:
- Best Practice Workshops
- 3D Printing and Modelling Experiences
- Coding and Digital Technologies
- State wide Conferences in partnership with the Science Teachers' Association of Victoria (STAV)