An innovative STEM Centre bringing science and mathematics to life for students, teachers and the wider community.
Quantum Victoria is one of six Specialist Science and Mathematics Centres established by the Victorian Department of Education and Training. It is embedded within Charles La Trobe P-12 College and has positioned itself as a leader of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education both within Australia and internationally.
Quantum Victoria builds the capacity of both students and teachers in science and mathematics education across Victoria and beyond through:
- Increasing students' interest, participation and engagement in science and mathematics and encouraging more students to pursue careers in the STEM disciplines.
- Expanding the knowledge and inspiring teachers to engage students through our innovative programs underpinned by the latest research and pedagogy.
Programs embrace cutting edge, aspirational technologies and contemporary pedagogies with a particular focus on:
- Scientific Inquiry
- Productive Failure
- Game-based Learning
- 3D Printing and Modelling
- Coding and Arduinos
- Gesture-Based Computing
- Robotics and Engineering
- Virtual Reality and Simulated Experiences
- Scenario-based Challenges
Our programs support the Victorian Government's Education State Strategy with a particular emphasis on the development of skills and literacy in the STEM disciplines and the Digital Technologies Curriculum. Students acquire skills and knowledge that will enable them to function in the multi-disciplinary, ever changing 21st Century environment that awaits them.
All programs are aligned to the Victorian Curriculum and the Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority's VCE Study Designs and are fully differentiated to meet a variety of student abilities.
Quantum Victoria believes that new, innovative forms of teacher professional learning are the cornerstone of building teacher capacity in the 21st century. To excite the next generation of STEM students, Quantum Victoria offers educators from all sectors a unique opportunity to re-envision their curriculum in ways that are relevant to today's learner, through workshops and conferences that are underpinned by robust contemporary pedagogy.
Quantum Victoria Professional learning opportunities include:
- Best Practice Workshops incorporating contemporary STEM Pedagogy
- 3D Printing and Modelling Experiences
- Coding and Digital Technologies
- State wide Conferences in partnership with the Science Teachers' Association of Victoria (STAV)