'A Centre of Excellence in STEM Education that engages and inspires innovation and creativity'
Quantum Victoria is a Centre of Excellence and Innovation in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and is co-located with Charles La Trobe P-12 College at Macleod West.
Quantum Victoria's STEM focus is to build STEM capabilities in all students and aligns with state and federal government initiatives. Increasing student participation from disadvantaged and underrepresented cohorts is a priority. Our gender inclusive programs promote and raise the profile of women in STEM professions and provide role models for all students.
- Increases students' interest, participation and engagement in science and mathematics
- Encourages more students to pursue careers in the STEM disciplines
- Expands the knowledge and skills of teachers through innovative programs underpinned by the latest research and pedagogy.
Programs embrace cutting edge technologies and contemporary pedagogy with a particular focus on:
- Scientific Inquiry
- Productive Failure
- Game-based Learning
- 3D Printing and Modelling
- Coding and Arduinos
- Gesture-Based Computing
- Robotics and Engineering
- Virtual Reality and Simulated Experiences
- Scenario-based Challenges
The team at Quantum Victoria believes all children have the capacity to excel in STEM and this belief is reflected in the suite of programs on offer with the aim of inspiring the next generation of innovators. The Centre has been recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in 3D Printing Education and Cyber Security.
All programs are aligned to the Victorian Curriculum and the Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority's VCE Science and Mathematics Study Designs and are fully differentiated to meet a variety of student abilities.
Quantum Victoria believes that new, innovative forms of teacher professional learning are the cornerstone of building teacher capacity in the 21st century. To excite the next generation of STEM students, Quantum Victoria offers educators from all sectors a unique opportunity to re-envision their curriculum in ways that are relevant to today's learner, through workshops and conferences that are underpinned by robust contemporary pedagogy.
Quantum Victoria Professional learning opportunities include:
- Best Practice Workshops incorporating contemporary STEM Pedagogy
- 3D Printing and Modelling Experiences
- Coding and Digital Technologies
- State wide Conferences in partnership with the Science Teachers' Association of Victoria (STAV)