2021 Onsite, Synchronous and Asynchronous Bookings are now open.
Quantum Victoria Operations Guide For Visiting Schools
Quantum Victoria enforces the Victorian Government Schools Operation Guide with specific reference to Section 3: 'Other school and curriculum settings' in the Term 4 Guide, which includes Science and Mathematics Specialist Centres. The following will be adhered to:
- Access will be limited to a single school at a time.
- Strict use of face masks as per current requirements (12 years and above).
- Mixing of cohorts within a school will be minimised.
- Use of shared equipment will be minimised where possible and cleaned between users.
- physical distancing will be maintained whenever possible.
- hand hygiene before, during and after engagement will be adhered.
- learning spaces will be cleaned between programs using ethanol.
- Attendance register will be maintained in case contact tracing is required.
2021 Onsite Programs
Metro Disadvantaged and Rural Government students are fully subsidised. Rural Government schools also receive transport assistance to and from Quantum. One school per day restrictions will be in place during onsite delivery, with a maximum of 2 programs per day. This will be reviewed in line with the Victorian Government Schools Operation Guide for COVID-19 restrictions/requirements.
Asynchronous (location independent learning) outreach is delivered by the classroom teacher at a time that is convenient to their students. Quantum Victoria will provide the resources (Student/Teacher Workbooks) to facilitate delivery to their students.
Quantum Victoria's Synchronous Lessons (real time learning) integrate virtual platforms to deliver programs in real-time. Students are immersed in 21st century learning, drawing on lateral thinking skills, problem solving and creative and critical thinking. Year 5-6 and 7-10 Synchronous lessons are fully subsidised for all Victorian Government Schools.